Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday, Saturday ever loving Saturday.

Our weekend began on Friday courtesy of Shell's 9/80 work weeks. Every other weekend gives us a three day weekend.  So this weekend we decided on more home improvement. We have been taking it in baby steps since this is "new" to us. Yesterday we picked out paint and Kevin finished up his arcade game.
The kids are loving this!!!!!!!
You can play anything on this arcade. Hours of PacMan... I know what I will be doing on Mother's Day Out days!

We also decided to lighten up the dining room. The original color in here was burgundy. It was pretty dark. I really want to wainscot this but bead board isn't cheap and we aren't carpenters. So we opted for a temporary fix and painted it Valspar Green Tea leaves.

Before:

After:


I don't know how I feel about it just yet. Ignore the junk on the table!   I'll have to live with it for a few days before I decide if I like it. The color isn't true in the picture, it's much more a sage color.

Yesterday I made Pepperoni Rolls. I got asked for the recipe so I shall oblige!  I got this from Pinterest. Y'all I'm slightly obsessed with Pinterest. This is the link. Enjoy!  They were really as amazing as they looked!
And a cross section shot...where all the real action is.

Y'all don't be jealous of my fine china :)

I hope you guys have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment