Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Falling Behind .....

Last week was a very busy week for me. This will explain my silence here.  On Wednesday of last week Lennon started his first day of Mother's Day Out.  I wasn't sure how this was going to go. Lennon is the most clingy out of all of my kids. I'm assuming this is because I have only stayed home with him. This is the reason we chose to send him to MDO.

I was really questioning sending him but I'm glad I decided to. He had a rocky start but a nice finish!
On our way after a fight to get into the car seat.  He's already not too sure about this MDO thing.  When I took him into his room he was fine. I was holding him and chatting with his sweet teacher Ms. Colleen when he noticed other parents dropping off and leaving.  I looked at him and he was quietly crying, it didn't bother me at all, I felt the tears coming!  So I handed him to Colleen and high tailed it out of there!

I felt horrible for the rest of the day.

When I got home I was shocked that I didn't know what to do with myself.  This will be resolved shortly. I am not going to be one of those mom's who's entire identity is her children. As much as I love them. I'm first Traci, then Kevin's wife and then....Mom!  So I'm looking forward to tomorrow because I already have it mapped out.  However, once I realized this feeling I was experiencing I ran out to get my toes done.  They are a brilliant shade of "Commander in Chic"!

He survived his first day!

The rest of the week I spent taking care of big kid needs. Dylan played the halftime show at SELU. Canaan had numerous Tri-Theta things happening and Dad took the other little guy to the LSU game with Mimi and Pawpaw.  Oh and MHS won Friday night! Go SKIPPERS!

I'll leave you with this sweet face!
Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment